What are you looking for?

Friday 2 May 2014

Cupping!

I have been having gastric attacks for the past two weeks and endless back pain for so many years now. Recently I heard from a friend that cupping might help. She tried it out while on holiday and it resolved her "angin" issues. 
And God knows I have angin. Not the Incredible-Hulk-Aku-Angin type angin but tummy and back. I usually go for massages and reflexology but I thought, hey why not try something new this time. 
So I called up the place I usually frequent for reflexology and booked cupping for my friends and I. I thought I had signed up for wet cupping (the one where dirty blood is sucked out of your back) but instead, this was the traditional Chinese dry cupping.
Essentially what happens is you lie down on your front and they put a fiery cotton ball inside each cup, remove the fiery cotton ball and cup your back. The fire technique creates a vacuum that sucks the hell out of your back. 
My friends all had cups lining their backs from top to bottom. I had cups on my shoulders, arms, sides and all the way down my back. The therapist said this was because I have a lot of wind. Yeah, tell me something I don't already know. 
After a few minutes, she removed each cup with a loud POP. My back was covered in round purple marks after that. So sore, I tell you, feels like somebody pinched me all over. 
Last night I did not sleep well after the cupping session. Every time I turned in bed, I was awoken by the pain. The therapist did warn me that today would be worse and yes, today feels like I have been scratching scabs off my back. 
I am looking forward to the birds and roses feeling tomorrow. What ever the outcome of this, I will update you next time. In the meantime if you want to try cupping, you can go to Zouk Spa at 153, Jalan Radin Bagus, Bandar Baru Sri Petaling, Kuala Lumpur. Or call them at 03-90583318 for inquiries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment