What are you looking for?

Friday 16 May 2014

Best Japanese Food In Town

Have you ever been to Rakuzen? I started frequenting Rakuzen after seeing Hanie Hidayah's tweets about Rakuzen in Empire. That was about four years ago and I have never looked back.
Before Rakuzen, I used to eat at Kura, the Japanese restaurant in One World Hotel. Now I know, a lot of you might be thinking, "Ooooh kaya makan Japanese kat hotel. Cewah cewah." But let me tell you, you will be surprised at how reasonably priced the food is at Kura. 
In fact, Kura is owned by Super Dining, the same chain that owns Rakuzen, Zen, Hokkaido Ichiba and many more. They all have the same looking menu. I do believe Sushi Zanmai and Pasta Zanmai are under the same management also. Everything they serve is of high quality, prepared in a hygienic environment, and absolutely yummylicious.
Last year I had the privilege of visiting Tokyo and while in Asakusa, we dined at a proper Japanese restaurant (food is really expensive in Japan. Most of the time, we ate from bento boxes purchased at convenient stores). 
And based on that comparison, I dare say Rakuzen is the closest to the Japanese meal I had in Asakusa. Here are some photos of everything I have tried at Rakuzen over the years. I may not remember their names (I cannot even remember what I had for breakfast today) but I assure you, they are all yum yum for the tum tum. Sumpah, nok. Mak tak tipu!
This I remember. This is the Beef Teppanyaki set with garlic fried rice.
Tempura
Super fresh assortment of Sashimi
I do not remember what this is called but I am an absolute fan of soba. That might be the reason why I ordered this. I always order Zaru Soba on the side. Zaru Soba is basically cold buckwheat noodles served with a side of cold soup. If you opt for Tenzaru Soba, you will get a basket of Tempura on the side.
This is the Dragon Roll. A must have every time I visit Rakuzen. That is deep fried shrimp in the middle and a piece of avocado on top. HEAVENLY.
I am not a fan of Macha (Not the guy at the mamak stall, I am talking about the green tea ice cream) so I always order this for dessert. I forget what it is called but it is essentially vanilla ice cream wrapped in mochi skin, topped with whipped cream. I swear, this was sent down from the Japanese heavens above.
Okay I am getting hungry just looking at these old photos. I may just have dinner there tonight. Oh by the way, Rakuzen has many outlets. Rakuzen Subang Jaya (SS15 - My favourite outlet), Rakuzen Hartamas Shopping Centre, Rakuzen GTower, Rakuzen Desa Parkcity, Rakuzen Empire, Rakuzen Publika, Rakuzen Tropicana City Mall, Rakuzen Ara Damansara and Rakuzen Gurney Paragon Mall. 
If there is one thing I do not enjoy at Rakuzen, it would be the Fried Salmon Skin. The deep fried skin itself is wonderful and crunchy however they drizzle the dish with sweet soy sauce and I am not a fan of sweet savoury dishes. Everything else is wonderful.
If you have never been to Rakuzen before, you should start now. 

6 comments:

  1. You should try Miyagi in Bangi. Sedap, puas, affordable! Interior design pun macam kat Jepun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ive been going there since i was 16. used to be better when it was owned by a Japenese couple. These days Miyagi is under new management.

      Delete
  2. Dear Nadia, thank you for dining with us and thank you very much for featuring us on your blog! We hope we do not mind that we share your blog post on our Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/superdining. Once again, thank you for your support and we hope to serve you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys. Thank you for stopping by. I love your chain of restaurants and will continue patronizing all your outlets. Also, thank you for sharing my blog, it's my pleasure.

      Delete
  3. Hi Nadia and fellow readers.. Just like to highlight some of the dishes do contain alcohol i.e. mirin. I am regular at Rakuzen, been dining there every week since 2009 until today. My favourite was their grilled unagi, too bad it is pre marinated with Mirin as well. Chawanmushi, tempura sauce among best selling dishes that contain mirin. So I am basically there for their sashimi especially. You can always check with their staffs, they are very helpful to advise on which food that's safe to eat. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. Its just happen.. We have our lunch at rakuzen today.. Yup next time we will ask the staff first which one that not contain mirin.. Thanks a lot

      Delete