What are you looking for?

Friday 28 January 2011

Modernism Kills People

I am sure you have heard this a thousand times, "She lost her baby at six weeks" or "He lives a healthy lifestyle but he has been diagnosed with stage two cancer". We wonder what causes these unspeakable things which were not as common say about forty years ago? 
I am no researcher nor am I a scientist but I have a theory. In this day and age, processed food is the way to go. Everybody is rushing to get things done, to get to places, to meet people that nobody has the luxury of time anymore. Apart from old ladies, it is rare to find people who cook anything from scratch anymore. Unless you are rich and can afford a personal chef who can cut and grind every seed you need, I am sure you have fallen victim to processed food. 
Especially here in Malaysia, where we love our food, we practically eat anything anywhere with no idea where what came from. Do you think it is possible for this blind love to turn your good cells fatal? I do.
Apart from that, there is also the "I need to go to sleep at 9pm" and "I have to entertain the client but I have to wake up at 8am tomorrow". 
I thought of this when it occurred to me that I have to attend training on Monday and Tuesday and I have been told that we need to do a lot of physical activities during the day and sleep rather late at night and be up early on Tuesday and then I have to report in to work at 5am the following morning. 
I do not know how my colleagues did it last week when they attended the training. Perhaps they forced themselves. But what is the point of forcing your body to do what you cannot do? 
Doesn't anybody rest anymore? No wonder we are all losing our babies and dying of cancer. And no, I am not sorry I said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment