What are you looking for?

Saturday 28 September 2013

Online Shopaholic

Hi my name is Nadia and I am an online shopaholic. 

Truth be told, I had never bought anything online up till Ramadhan this year. My girlfriends and I were discussing baju raya and I rarely buy anything new for Raya. Most years, Mama would give me something she's tired of and I would be more than happy to don it come Raya morning. 

And then second day Raya I would just put on whatever old baju kurung or kebaya I could find in my room. But this year was different. As mentioned in my earlier post, I have recently reconnected with my girlfriends. So when they started talking about their gorgeous new outfits for Raya, I felt the desperate need to fit in.

So at age 31, I succumbed to peer pressure. I logged on to Zalora and browsed through Rizalman's collection. Choosing Zalora came naturally because I have worked closely with them a few times in the past and I trust their collections' quality. 

Being the easy shopper that I am, I found something I liked within fifteen minutes, ordered it and shook my legs, overcome by nervousness. I had popped my online shopping cherry. 

The very next day, my box arrived. 


And at that moment, I knew I was in trouble. It was so incredibly convenient, I wanted more. So I went back online and browsed for another outfit to be worn on second day Raya. Within ten minutes, I had my eyes set on an orange outfit. 

But this time I did not order it. I put it in my wishlist and thought about it day and night for the next three days. 

I would not call myself an impulse buyer but I always go shopping knowing what I want. I go in, I pick it up (sometimes I don't even bother trying it on) and I pay. I don't enjoy hanging around the store, trying five to ten outfits and walking out empty handed. And I don't go window shopping because I cannot stand the disappointment of coming home empty handed. 

So this was tricky. I had gone window shopping online. And I was empty handed for three days. Should I? 

And then one of my girlfriends said she had ordered two RIzalman for Zalora outfits. I succumbed to peer pressure. Again. Opened my laptop, ordered the orange outfit and quietly waited for it the next day. 

First day Raya outfit
Second day Raya outfit

I stayed away from Zalora for a few months after that. My inner online shopaholic was satisfied. Up till a few days ago when I went to watch Rush at the cinema. 
Oooo hallo there sexy man

The dresses, jumpsuits, scarves, wedges from the 70's "inspired" me to go online again. This time I have a much longer list and Zalora alone was not enough. So I opened Fashion Valet as well. And Asos. Asos is silly and expensive but I must have a jumpsuit. I must look like that girl in yellow standing next to Chris Hemsworth. I must!

Now I have wishlists on all three websites. Lets see how long I can hold out this time. I love/hate you online shopping websites. You all suck. Thank you. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment